Saturday, August 13, 2011

Safari Palz Card

This is my first DT project.  I apologize for the photos, it is very dark and rainy today.

Sfari_MichelleMyBelle_DT

This is an action card based on a tutorial that Dena posted on her blog Here.

This card will be for my nephew for his birthday, he loves animals. I used the Safari Palz files, you can find them Here I used the Stylus on the rocks to give them a curved shape. I applied Stickles on the leaves and used an embossing folder on the crocodile. I also put a tree on the back of the card with some additional grass. This is what the back of the card looks like.

Sfari_MichelleMyBelle_DT-2


The lever on the right is what makes the monkey move up and down when the card opens and closes. The tab on the left is a support when the card is open.That does get glued to the back front of the card.

Sfari_MichelleMyBelle_DT-3

This is the front of my card. I used Porky's Font for the sentiment and joined it to the additional front shape I created in MTC, to create a cut out effect and then cut a piece of black card stock to shadow it. I also applied Stickles to the sentiment and the snake.

You notice the monkey is in the down position when the card is closed and then moves up into the tree when the card is open.

If anyone would like the card file you can download it on my blog.
Supplies Used:

Bazzill Card Stock
Stickles
Card Stock

Thanks for looking,
Michelle