Sunday, July 27, 2014

Da Boat!

My darling husbands birthday was Wednesday.  So each birthday I try to create a fabulous card just for him (he is my biggest supporter and critic).  So this year I wanted to showcase his baby.  A 28 foot Tollycraft boat.  The boat hasn't been in the water in over 5+ years.  DH has been slowly but surely completely overhauling everything from the engine and electrical to the curtains (that was my job).  I really hope that come late fall, we just might be able to put the boat in at Newport, Oregon for some crab and salmon.  But just in case, I went ahead and floated his boat sooner!

First, the lyrics:

Recollections paper throughout.  DCWV Glitter stack.  I used ScrappyDew's Under the Sea Palz2, and ScrappyDew's Pirate Palz 2011 which can be found in the vault.

So here is what I came up with...
I call this card "Seas the day!"
                         
A closer view



He LOVED this card.  He even took it to our shop to show it off.  BTW, did you notice the boat and lighthouse?  I watched a tutorial created by ScrappyDew on how to do a pixel trace and then create a print and cut. If you are on google+ come on over to The Cut Zone.  It is a wonderful group and we share projects using all sorts of cutters and programs.  Now my 1st attempt at this type of pixel trace is rather rough.  But with practice, I bet I can get spot on!



Bright Blessings, Jana