Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fall Time Scarecrow Project

Has it been another week already?  WOW!  There is a lot happening here in my little sphere of the blog world.  It's week 2 of the DOOZIE of a project.  I hope you will like what I have created using the patterns from ScrappyDew!http://www.scrappydew.com/  Please go and take a look at all the wonderful patterns (you know there are only 156 days until Christmas, like you needed to be reminded)

For this week I have a project that will fit the bill for a couple of holidays.  I am coming to realize that I am using up all my scraps exceedingly fast.  I'll show you the project and then tell you all about it.  Here is the link http://www.scrappydew.com/store/fall-palz/


I had to dig into my 12x12 Core'dinations Premium Cardstock Safari Pack to get the colors that I wanted.  Started with cutting the trees with my Zenith Zing.  The first layer was yellow.  Do you think I could get a good cut?  H E double toothpicks NO!!!  So I start trying to nail down what it might be.  I put in a new blade, nope.  Still tearing.  Check my settings and they are correct.  Didn't have any other 12x12 yellow paper so I cleaned my matt really well and that helped but this darned paper is so fiberous it's just shredding.  


So I remembered that others with a Zing had mentioned that when the weather is really humid they stick their paper in the microwave for 10 seconds to dry it out.  Finally this worked.  I had to do this with every sheet of Core'dinations sheet that I used.  I don't know if the weather was just really humid, but I have ran into problems with this brand of paper before.  If you would be soo kind as to leave a comment below with what 12x12 paper you use I would be really greatful.  So here are the trees~~~


Thankfully I was able to cut the scarecrow with the corn and hay bales with my good Recollections paper.  This cut like a dream (as I have expected it too).  Had some left over leaves and stuck them on also.  I think that it turned out soooo cute!


Whewwwww.....Week 2 of the DOOZIE project is complete.  Now I do know what I am making for week three but i'm not telling.  You will just have to come back next Saturday and find out.  I love having you visit and please remember to tell me what type of paper you have the greatest sucess with.  I don't want another yellow meltdown. 

So for now, Bright Blessings for the coming week!  Jana