Saturday, August 17, 2013

Halloween Graveyard

Boy oh boy, how time flies while your having fun.  Can you believe it is week 3 of the DOOZIE project.  Time to start decorating the house for back to school and Halloween!  I just love this time of year.  Was shopping this week and noticed that the fall mums are out and maybe it's just me but I really was excited for the very few raindrops that we recieved this week.  I just love autumn.  And on that note, here is the addition for this week to the Doozie.  I used the Happy Haunting Palz 2012 file over at ScrappyDew.com.  http://www.scrappydew.com/store/halloween/halloween_theme.php

This was a fun project.  Besides using scraps and glitter paper, I used an unexpected item this week.  A year or more ago, I visited a new slot car race track and hobby store.  They had a package of imitation grass like you would find on a model train setup.  I bought it thinking it would add texture to some project down the road.  I really like the look of it on this grave yard project.  


When making the fence, I decided that I wanted to join sections to gate in the grave yard.  So I made 4 sections and joined them together with brads that are colored black with a sharpie.  Over-all I think this will be a really cute addition to the DOOZIE!

Next week I will begin the final project element.  It's a large project and I may have to break it into two posts.  So please come back and visit me!!!

Have a fantastic week! 

 Bright blessings, Jana