Saturday, October 5, 2013

Girl Scouts Going Away Card

Hello Hello Hello, so glad that you could pop by!

What mom hasn't heard the phrase, 'Mom, can you make me...'.  I got a call from my darling daughter asking if I would please make a going away card that 50+ people from her office could sign.  One of her co-workers at the Girl Scouts of America office is going back to school at Cambridge University for her masters degree.  So I started thinking....

First off I knew that I had the Girl Scouts 2013 from ScrappyDew
pattern file I could use.http://www.scrappydew.com/store/outdoor_palz/  But I was stumped as to what else to put on the card.  So I fretted, but then the lightblub suddenly came on.  She is traveling so maybe a jet plane and some luggage.  ScrappyDew to the rescue!!!  I had in my files the Vacation Plane 2013 file that would just fit the bill.http://www.scrappydew.com/store/world/ 

So now you have the lyrics.  I used the girl scout with the cookie boxes.  I removed the cookie boxes and put luggage and a passport in her hands instead.  Next I photocopied my map of Oregon and used that for background paper.  I made the jet plane and positioned it so it's leaving Oregon.  So here is the front.

The card is 8"x8" and I knew that I needed extra pages for good luck wishes. So I cut a 12x12 in half, and made 4 extra pages.  Punched holes in the center and made a small book.  Then I decorated the last two pages to make it special for the gal that is leaving.  Here is the inside.


I think on such short notice the card came out really nice.  I was told by my DD that she just loved it!  

I just have to say thank goodness for ScrappyDew.  I know, I know, you say that every time.  But gang, I really believe this.  ScrappyDew has amazing files that can be mixed and matched in hundreds of ways to come up with exactly what you want to make.  Next week, I have a card for a new neighbor of mine that is just adorable.  Bonus is that it is a Halloween card!  

One last bit, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DARLING DAUGHTER!  I love you so very much, punkin.....

Bright blessings, Jana