Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cowgirl Birthday Card

This is my first project as an official member of the ScrappyDew design team!  I was a guest designer for them and now I get to stick around for a while longer!  I am so excited! 
This card was for my niece's 10th birthday.  It is so hard to believe she is that old already.  I am not sure where the time went.  Anyway, she has wanted a horse of her own for a few years already, so I thought this card would be very fitting for her :)  Plus I don't get to make girly things that often, so I decided to go all out for this one! All of the cuts- cowgirl, horse, fence, and cactus, came from the Cowboy Kids SVG set at ScrappyDew.  The card base is a 5.5" square.
There were a lot of layers in this one and it took a bit of time, but it was so very worth it!  I guess the card was brought around to all the family members and they tried to count the different pieces of paper that I used LOL!  I guess you could say that I provided entertainment for the night even though I couldn't be there :) 
And it wouldn't have been as fun without an actin wobble behind the horse, now would it?  This shows my 3 year old having fun with it!
 And just to add a bit more dimension, I used my swiss dots embossing folder to jazz up the cactus. 
The pink and green bandanna papers were from a Debbie Mumm paper pack that I had picked up at Jo-Ann Fabrics a long time ago and it was just perfect for this card.  The horseshoe paper was from the Yee-Haw paper pack by The Paper Studio. 

I hope you all enjoy this card and have a wonderfully crafty day!