Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Soaking up Memories



Soaking up Memories
 
I used the "firefighters 2013" file to create this fun layout, you can find it here: http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/95723 .  I like to use a variety of patterns and colors to achieve the theme I am working on.  I threw in some Disney to make if fun.  I used MTC gallery to download a firetruck for my border, by welding a ladder and truck together.  I layered it with yellow/white stripe paper, brick paper and black/white ribbon.  The bottom is hand cut wavy pattern layered with Disney paper.  The mats coordinate with the fire trucks & yellow stripe paper on top of the red white paper as the background.  My title I made used a Disney font with a water splat and layered.  But this set includes a cute title to use.
 
For the piecings I used the girl with the hose, a fire hydrant, the fire extinguisher that is hiding behind Mickey, and the firetruck with the boy.  Of course the Fire station to tie it all together.  I love that I found this brick pattern paper, it pulled the firestation together perfectly.  I added some ribbon to the mats.  For the lil girl I used peachy keen stamp for her face, it was so cute!!