Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Graduation Frame

Hey Everyone! Ken here with another Kreation. This project is near and dear to my heart. This is for my niece who is graduating from East Valley High School in the next few weeks. She sent two pictures with her graduation announcement and I though what a great excuse to make a frame! For this project I used both my Silhouette Cameo, Cricut Explore and the amazing Scrap Factory Doll Builder.

For this Frame I used the amazing Scrap Factory Doll Builder for the Graduation Doll and the Class of 2014 title. I received both of the pictures from my niece in her graduation announcement. I took these photos and matted them using designs from the Cricut Cartridge, Small Talk Frames & Tags.


They recently just release the Graduation Expansion Pack for the  Scrap Factory Doll Builder. In the Graduation Expansion Pack you will get One Boy and One Girl Graduation Outfit, a Diploma,GraduationTitle, & Two Hairstyles (one boy & one girl). This expansion pack will work with all outfits/hair styles from ScrapFactory Base Set, Diva Set, & Seasons Set. I imported my doll into Cricut Explore Design Space and using their grid system cut her at 5 inches. 


The Graduation Title comes with the Graduation Expansion Pack. I imported the sentiment into Cricut Explore Design Space and using their grid system cut her at 3 inches. I used Crystal Stickles on the "Class of 2014" to give it some sparkle and to draw your attention to it. I took embroidery string in green and white and glued them under a silver brad to make the tassel.

I wanted to incorporate her school mascot and name into frame. I went onto Google images and looked for her school and found their crest. I imported this using my Designer Edition Software and cut it with my Silhouette Cameo. I decided to use the Trace and Detach option on their logo. Then using my favorite feature of the Silhouette Cameo  and proceed to Print and Cut the image.

SUPPLIES:
MACHINES: CRICUT EXPLORE, SILHOUETTE CAMEO
FRAME: SHADOW BOX FRAME
PAPER: CRICUT SOUTHWEST, CRICUT CANDYSHOP, CRICUT ANTIQUITY
ADHESIVE: ATG GUN, 3D FOAM DOTS, XYRON TAPE 
INK: DEWDROP INKERS

You will also need the Scrap Factory Doll Builder to make this project:
Thanks for taking a look at today's kreation!

Ken