Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baby Overalls Card

I am back with another design team project for ScrappyDew!  This cute little card is what I decided to make after going through my stash of cards and realizing I had NO baby boy cards on hand.  I always like to have cards ready for whatever occasion might sneak up on me, so now I am prepared :)  I used the super cute overall cutting design that is included in the Scrappy Babyz Collection that is only available in the ScrappyDew Vault.  If you are not familiar with their vault, it is a one time purchase and you get an amazing number of designs...plus more are periodically added and you get those too!  A great value for adorable SVG files.
To make the overalls look more baby like and to add a pop of color, I added a rubber duck from their Carnival Theme Park collection.  Isn't is so cute?!  The buttons and white thread added dimension and texture to the card.
This is to show you how I constructed the shape of the card base.  I simply welded two overall shapes together at the top of the straps.  I added a stamped sentiment and made faux stitching lines all around the card with a white gel pen.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!