Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tool Bench Card

Tool Bench Card

This is a card I made for my Father-in-law.  He is Mr. Fix It!  If you know someone who fits that description, it would also make a wonderful Father's Day card for them too.  I also wanted to demonstrate the versatility of ScrappyDew files.  About a week ago I showed you this card that I made using their Tool Box Bundle Package SVG files.  I really like how that one turned out with the detailing on the tools.  For this one, I decided to just use the silhouettes of the same tools to go for a completely different look.
I cut the tools out of black cardstock 2 times each and glued them on top of each other so they would be a bit thicker.  The background paper is from DCWV's Boyhood stack which is a 8.5x11" stack.
I created the workbench by using the Vintage collection paper by Core'dinations and embossed it with a wood grain embossing folder, sanded it, then used brown chalk around the edges.  I added two brads that look like screws and tied two cotton twine pieces around it.  I popped it up with foam tape.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!