Saturday, March 22, 2014

Card in a Box - Birthday!

Today I have a very special 1st birthday card to share.  I have had the privilege of seeing this little guy grow so big in just a year.  He is just about to walk and get into everything.  I wanted to make a very special card that his mom could put in his baby book.  Over on ScrappyDews FB page, Ken of Kens Kreations graciously shared a card in a box pattern.  (Michelle has also converted this pattern to MTC.  You can LIKE the page and grab it here  https://www.facebook.com/ScrappyDewCreations, you have to scroll and look at all the amazing projects though....I knew I just had to try my hand at this type of a card. 

I am going to give you the lyrics first (because I used a bunch of ScrappyDew files)  So here we go:

http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/88415 Birthday Boy Cake Smash 2013

http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/86985  Bear Clowns 2013

http://www.dash12.com/scrapfactory/ I made the hair for the baby boy with this program

I used Recollections paper through out this project.

So let's get this party started!!!

****ONE IMPORTANT NOTE, I DID NOT USE ANY GLITTER ON THIS PROJECT.  LITTLE ONE MIGHT GET A HOLD OF IT AND GLITTER ISN'T GOOD FOR KIDS OR PETS****

I cut the card out of a shiny blue 12 x 12 sheet.  Gotta have blue for a boy's card.  Just to let you know I didn't put the card together UNTIL I had all the elements made and I dry fitted everything together.  I had scaled all the elements to fit on each side of the box and then cut and glued them together.  I wanted balloons staggered in back of the little boy.  I also wanted them to move a bit.  Ah, a clear acetate sheet would work.  So I took myself to Staples.  Staples wanted over $60 for 50 sheets of acetate.  Needless to say I did NOT buy this.  But what to use.  Here is my solution.

I am using a clear 2 liter pop bottle

Cut both ends off, and cut down the length of the bottle.

Rolled and flattened the plastic sheet and cut 1/2 inch strips

Using doubled sided tape, I attached these to the inside frame 


 
I attached my pretty paper.  You can see the plastic strips and
they do wave back and forth.  Just what I wanted and cost me
a plastic bottle deposit.



So here is the completed card.  I sure hope that the parents like it!

Card laying flat

The inside

The finished birthday card

I hope that you get some inspiration to try this yourself.   It is a fun project and I hope to make more.

For next weeks design team project, I am making an Easter Door Decoration for my girls.  I promise you lots of sparkle and glitter!

Bright Blessings for the coming week, Jana