Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mardi Gras Banner

This weeks project is for Mardi Gras.  Living in Oregon, we don't really celebrate in a grand style.  (living in a very small town doesn't help)  ScrappyDew has a pattern called Mardi Gras 2013 that I used this week.  Here is the link http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/81108.  My daughter and her partner bought and moved into their first home over Christmas.  She hasn't had the time to accumulate the decorations for various holidays.  So I thought I would make them a banner for the front door.  I used the Mardi Gras 2013 file and found a Fleur di lis (probably spelled it wrong) shape to make the pennants.  The paper I used was Recollections from my last trip to Michaels.  Bits and pieces of scraps and here you are:


My daughter sent me a pic of their front door with the banner:


So happy you could join me today.  My prayers for safety and warmer weather go out to all my mid west and east coast friends.  Lets start spring!

Bright blessings, Jana