Saturday, April 5, 2014

Jelly Bean Time!

This week I have created a card for a young man that loves to receive mail.  He doesn't know it will be heading his way.  I hope to surprise him.  Also it's the first time I have used felt on a card.  So let's take a look.

I used the Easter Bunny Kids  file from ScrappyDew's website.  Here is the link to the file.  http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/53318

This is just such a fun file and your imagination can come up with the perfect caption.  I decided that "Do I Smell Jelly Beans?" would suit.  Let me show you the card.




I hadn't experimented with cutting felt with my KNK Zing.  So I found my fabric blade and the KNK blade holder.  (i use roland blades and a click blade holder that i bought a long time ago)  I had saved the settings for the blade holder and got everything set up with the correct speed and force for felt.  Sticky mat ready and let's cut.  It was NOT a clean cut.  I had spent a half an hour, and said the heck with it and cut it out by hand.  I will try again, but I had a card to get done.  

The basket needed some embellishment so I used the lattice feature on the Make The Cut (MTC) program and then sized a oval in basic shapes to fit the handle.  I like the look of the basket. So this cute card is heading out to surprise a young man.  


Have a wonderful weekend, Bright blessings, Jana