Saturday, August 9, 2014

Boys Never Grow Up!

Hello again, it's Saturday.  I have another guy birthday card to share today.   One of our employees, Duane, has a birthday 5 days after hubbys.  So I decided to make him a card in a box also.

Now Duane is a racing freak.  Besides working in a machine shop, he races slot cars, races his actual Monte Carlo race car at the Woodburn drag strip and has an obsession with Hot Wheels.  They are tacked up in the office at the shop and all over his home.  

You can just imagine how excited I was when ScrappyDew came out with the file Hot Wheels 2014.  I knew right then I had to use this file for Duane!  The card is constructed with scraps of Recollections paper and some of DCWV glitter stack scraps.  (i swear i do use pretty paper for things, really!)  I also added some stickers from EK Sucess.  So here is my creation...

I put flames all around the outside

The whole card

side panel

I made this side panel to match his actual race car

The envelope

I have to say, every once in a while I suprise myself by how well a creation comes together.  I just love this card.  Duane was beside himself.  He loved the card and I think he loved his present also!

The apple pie I made Duane as a birthday present

That's it for this week.  I have a back to school card to share for next Saturday.  So for now...

Bright blessings, Jana